If the words ‘Drop and give me 20’ ring a rather painful bell, you may loathe performing push-ups. But, when done correctly, they are good for developing upper body strength.
Push-ups are one of the easiest exercises to do that will engage almost every muscle in your body and can easily be incorporated into your workout routine to tone your body and improve your endurance. The following 10 push-up facts are quite persuasive as well:
- Increase functional strength.
- Stretch your muscles for health and vitality.
- Enhance your cardiovascular system.
- Increase muscle definition of the entire body.
- Protect your shoulders from injuries.
- Improve your posture.
- Prevent injuries to your lower back.
- Increase testosterone levels and reduce risk of osteoporosis.
- No charge for a full body workout.
- Save time, while developing a strong body.