Do you think you’ve lost that loving feeling you get whenever you enter your bathroom? It might mean your bathroom is no longer meeting any of your needs and it may be time for some design therapy. Perhaps the thought of this overwhelms you a bit, but it is actually quite simple.
Liven Up Your Bathroom In These 12 Simple Steps.
- Change old fittings and fixtures to new ones: change the taps, or shower head , toilet holder, all fixtures in bathrooms can be updated relatively easily with the help of a handyman and make a huge impact on updating the look of the bathroom.
- Change the shower curtain to a new colour or funky design.
- Change your laundry basket and or bin.
- Change the lighting fixture! Who says bathroom lighting has to be plain.
- Paint the wall/s a new colour or create a feature wall.
- Add in mosaic tiles as a feature on existing tiles or add an interesting border design to existing wall or floor tiles.
- Add in a mirror/s. Make sure the frames are durable and not wood as the water condensation will affect the quality of the wood over time.
- Add in shelving, floating shelves or boxed shelves for accessories or functional items such as towels, soaps etc.
- Artwork in a bathroom is always interesting. Add photographs to personalise the space.
- Add in vinyl artwork, special sayings or an image you like.
- Buy new towels and bath floor mats.
- Buy a new hand wash and cream for the basin and bath salts and bubble bath in beautiful containers.
- Add in storage hooks for towels or bathrobes.
- Add in functional storage units that are also nice to look at!
Source: Joy By Design www.joybydesign.co.za