It’s your first date and everything went better than expected, or so you thought. So, why hasn’t he replied to your text messages?
Waiting for the phone to beep can be super frustrating, especially when you really fancy the guy. But don’t start panicking until after you’ve tried the following distractions:
- Stop checking your phone. The adage ‘a watched pot never boils’ applies. Incessantly checking your phone won’t make him reply any quicker.
- Stop overthinking. We can go from 0-60 in 2.0 seconds when it comes to wild thoughts. A lack of texts doesn’t necessarily mean he has lost interest in you; he could simply be busy with studies, work, family and friends. Give the man a little time.
- Keep busy. Many men agree that they like a woman who has her own interests. You had a life before you met him, so don’t put it hold now. Go out with your friends and push those work deadlines so that you don’t fall behind in a haze of ‘what ifs’.
- Don’t respond immediately to his reply. It’s been days and you finally get a reply to your message. Don’t be too quick on the draw; make him wait a little to let him know that you are also busy living your life. When you do take a minute to reply, don’t flood him with so many texts that you scare him away.
- Act cool. Yes, it’s annoying to have to wait for someone to text you back. But your best strategy is to remain calm and collected, and keep it classy!
- Know your worth. You can forgive him for not replying once or twice. But if it becomes a pattern, you might need to come to terms with the fact that he’s just not that into you and move on. You are worth it.