If you’re a first-time car buyer, it is important to know that everyone has different buying habits before you make an impulse purchase.
It is easy to get caught up in the emotion of the purchase, but your dream car still needs to fit into your budget. If you budget first, you’ll know what you can spend before you get your heart set on a set of snazzy wheels. WesBank advises that you calculate how much you can afford on a car before you go out shopping! What kind of shopper are you?
- Value shopper wants a quality deal at a good price.
- Image shopper wants their car to match their image.
- Lifestyle shopper buys products that suit their lifestyle.
- Methodical shopper takes a couple months to buy a car and covers every base before committing.
- Safety-conscious shopper looks at the cars with the best safety features.
When Is The Best Time To Buy?
The best time to buy is when you know you can comfortably afford the monthly installments on your new car, as well as fuel and insurance. No matter what wheels you plan on financing, it is always good to shop around and find the car that fits into your budget. Don’t feel the pressure to buy a flashy car that you can’t afford. Let your budget do the buying and driving … not your heart. If you are ready to work out your budget, try using the purchase price calculator to help you plan your car-buying journey.
To learn more, listen to this clip.
Source: WesBank. Images: iStock