Somethimes taking care of yourself doesn’t require that much effort. It’s the little things that can bring you peace of mind.
Putting yourself first doesn’t neccesarily mean you’re being selfish, it just means you understand that your wellbeing is important. This helps avoid things such as stress, anxiety and depression. All it takes is listening to yourself. For example, if your body and mind are tired, then rest.
Although everyone’s approach to self-care is not the same, we have a few tips to help you get started:
- Find out what makes you happy and feel good.
- Don’t do anything you don’t want to do.
- Jot down what you are thinking and feeling.
- Always eat a healthy meal.
- Exercise, take a walk and meditate.
- Even if you prefer showering, take a soak in the bath tub once in a while.
- Visit your favourite place and just enjoy your time alone.
- Listen and dance to your favourite song.
- Treat and spoil yourself.