Friendships, like relationships, don’t always last for varied reasons. It could be that the relationship was toxic, you’ve grown apart or they’ve hooked up with your partner.
I have also lost a couple of friendships for similar reasons and, although it was painful, disappointing and also frustrating, it freed me. The list below is a combination of all the things I went through during these relationships, how I feel now and what actually caused me to blocked them out of my life.
- You got a boyfriend and that’s all you talk about.
- You seldom called, texted or reached out to me and when you did, it was always about you.
- You don’t put effort into making plans to do things or meet up with me.
- You never asked how I feel.
- I couldn’t call you whenever I had an emergency.
- You were always competing. I constantly felt like I need to try and impress you.
- You didn’t take me seriously.
- You made backhanded compliments that make me feel bad about myself.
- I didn’t feel comfortable telling you certain things about my life because I knew you’d be prejudiced and would tell mutual friends.
- You betrayed me.