The Western Cape’s largest travel, outdoor and adventure event has something for the whole family, as well as special treats for outdoor sports fanatics.
The Cape Getaway Show is coming back to Lourensford Wine Estate from 31 March to 2 April 2017. If you’re a Capetonian and haven’t thought about attending, these 10 reasons should motivate you.
- Prizes to be won – Besides fantastic prizes on offer from the exhibitors you can also enter to win the grand prize of a five-night stay at the beautiful Solana Beach Resort in Mauritius for two adults, breakfast, dinner and flights included.
- Live music and beer tent – Take a break from the hustle and bustle of the show and enjoy some mellow tunes performed by well-known Cape Town artists, while sipping on an ice-cold beer from SAB. You also stand a chance to win a Castle Lager Table Cooler in the beer tent.
- Adventure activities – Try your hand at archery or a fun lawn game like cornhole, where contestants have to throw bean bags into a hole with pinpoint accuracy – or any of the other exciting games on offer for visitors.
- The Spur Kids Area – Kids will have a ball on the various rides and activities in the Spur Kids Area including the very popular parachute rocket, mini-bungee, go-karts and swings.
- Latest camping and outdoor gear – Take advantage of the great show specials and discounts at any of one of the 200 exhibitor stands and browse some of the best deals – all under one roof.
- Travel & Taste Theatre – Transport your taste buds to exotic locations and discover unique flavours of food, wine and beer. Enjoy sessions throughout the show that range from photography to local cuisine.
- Wine and Gin Village – Sample and purchase some of the Cape’s best wines and craft gin in the Wine and Gin Village. R10 will get you a tasting glass and 12 tasting coupons.
- The Cape Getaway Show Mountain Bike Challenge – There is a 40km, 20km and 5km ride providing an option for everyone. Entrants receive a free ticket to the show for themselves and a partner.
- The Lourensford Getaway Trail Run – On the final morning there is a 13km trail run sponsored by Sportsman’s Warehouse that winds through the picturesque Lourensford Wine Estate. All entries include an entry into the show for each runner and a partner.
- Getaway Market and Food Court – With a wide variety of food and sweet treats on offer, you are sure to find something to tantalize your taste buds. The Getaway Market offers crafts including, bags, clothing, jewellery and preserves.
Friday 31 March 10h00 to 18h00; Saturday 1 April 09h00 to 18h00; Sunday 2 April 09h00 to 17h00
Kids u12 are free at the door only
Students / Pensioners: R40
Adults Friday: R50; Saturday and Sunday: R80 (after 15h00: R50)
Family Package: R150 (family of four)
Source and image: KLPR & Events