There are so many uses for the humble lemon, other than making lemonade. It’s well known that a lemon adds great flavour to a glass of water and is the main ingredient in homemade salad dressing. But the uses for lemons span further than you might think.
- Create a soak for aching feet by mixing warm water and lemon juice.
- Mix lemon juice with salt to create a paste for removing stains.
- Rubbing a halved lemon in your armpits acts as a natural deodorant.
- Treat stubborn blackheads by rubbing lemon juice over the affected area.
- Mix a few drops of lemon juice with baking soda and swish around your mouth for a natural teeth whitener.
- Strengthen your nails by soaking your fingers in a mixture of lemon juice and olive oil.
- Clean your glassware by adding some lemon juice to your sponge.
- Dip a halved lemon in salt and use it to polish metal surfaces.
- Add a quarter cup of lemon juice to the washing machine to brighten your laundry.
- Revive droopy lettuce by soaking it in a bowl of cold water and lemon juice for an hour.
- Keep rice from sticking to the pot by adding a few drops of lemon juice while it’s still simmering.
- Treat a hangover headache by drinking lemon juice with a few drops of hot tea.
What will you do the next time life hands you a lemon?