We’re not saying that you don’t love each other anymore, but rather that there are ways to rekindle that initial flame of interest you both felt once upon a time.
Do something you did a long time ago to make them feel special all over again, or try something totally new. If you don’t have any ideas, try the following things:
- Travel together. Sharing new experiences in a new place will bring you closer to each other, or returning to a significant venue can remind you of your past romantic encounters.
- Sit down together, laze in bed, or take a drive and just talk about whatever comes to mind. Not every conversation has to involve problem solving or planning an event. Simply shoot the breeze, as they say.
- Find a hobby you can enjoy doing together. Try cooking, arts and crafts, or be gym buddies or join a dance class together.
- Shake up your routine and do something totally different – instead of going to a movie, try a concert in the park.
- Do something you loved doing together again. Going to a park or nearby coffee shop or your favourite restaurant will remind both of you why you fell for each other in the first place.
- Have unsolicited sex. Forget about saving sex for the weekends! Catch your partner offguard for a steamy session or quickie of unplanned love-making.
- Surprise them. Take them on an unplanned date, cook delicious dinner for them or pack lunch for a nice picnic.