Love is a strange thing, and ‘I Love You’, is not always a two-way street. What do you do when you’re not ready to say the L-word back to your partner?
I LOVE YOU. These three little words carry so much weight and you can really hurt your partner by not responding back. The good thing is that you can try to please him by giving a semi-satisfactory response. Yes, these comebacks will most definitely help you out of your current sticky situation.
Here are 10 responses that will get you through and save you from being a heart breaker!
- “I love it when you say cute things J!”
Look cute, bring out your chirpiest best and shimmy out of this uncomfortable situation with just a smile and a handful of compliments!
- “You love me? This crazy, neurotic person? Me?”
Well, if you don’t see yourself saying it back in the further future, maybe you can dissuade your partner by telling them why you are not a great choice. Think of the “it’s not you, it’s me” line.
- Look into his eyes, and give him a tight hug!
Do whatever will make him feel good without you having to say the words out loud.
- Kiss the hell out of him.
An occupied mouth doesn’t have to utter any words.
- “Wow, I’m really glad you feel that way about me.”
At least he’ll know that you’re not terrified by the idea of him loving you.
- “I feel so lucky to have someone like you in my life.”
Again, this response shows that you’re not angry, terrified or annoyed with him and maybe someday you’ll say it back.
- “Since when? How much do you love me? Are you sure you really love me?”
The more questions you throw at him, the less attention you will get. The focus will be completely off you and hopefully he won’t realize that you haven’t answered him.
- “Ncoooo, I think you’re awesome too!”
This is really better than Thank You, which is something I used to say a lot back in the day.
- “I love U2, but Bono is just meh”
Cue, goofy smile! Do you see what I just did there? If you have any other word twisters, bring them out, at least it will make him smile.
- Or, you can just tell him the truth.
And the truth shall set you free… Tell him how much you like him and how you enjoy the time you spend together. Do admit that although you like and value him, saying ‘I love you’ right now seems a bit too fast for you.