No matter how happy you are all the time, there will always be times when you just feel down. If you feel down in the dumps, try the following five ways to get your groove back…
- Always talk to a friend – Whether you need to vent, cry or distract yourself from whatever is causing you to be down, you’ll feel better once you have shared the load.
- Do something nice for someone else – Doing a favour for a friend or making a colleague feel better after a hard day is a great pick-me-up. Your attention is focused elsewhere and you may bring a fresh perspective to your own troubles.
- Take a bath or a shower – Remember how revitalised you feel after a warm bubble bath or a long, steamy shower? Switch off your phone and have a little me-time.
- Listen to your favourite song or music – Regardless what kind of genre it is, you’ll be cheerful and lively after listening to your favourite jam.
- Chocolate – Dark chocolate is known for being a mood enhancer, so go the nearest shop and spoil yourself. But don’t overdo it!