Finding genuine happiness starts with introspection. You’re the main source of your own happiness and it can be simple to find self-satisfaction.
Here are five ways to show gratitude for what and who you have in your life:
- Mention each thing you’re grateful for every morning you wake up. Others do it in a form of a prayer but you can do it your way; write it down or say it out loud (daily affirmations).
- Write a thank-you note to anyone who contributes positively in your life.
- Do nothing for 10 minutes. This will refresh your mind, which can boost your mood.
- Breathe. Sometimes it really is as simple as breathing deeply in through your nose and out through your mouth (three to five times).
- Reach out to anyone you haven’t spoken to or seen in a long time.