Easter is around the corner, and if you’re looking for a way to indulge minus the chocolate, why not opt for delicious recipes with real eggs instead?
Budget-friendly, versatile, nutritious and delicious, Pesto Princess brings you seven ways with eggs to kick-start your meal planning for the holidays and long-weekends.
- Devilled party eggs – Hard-boil a few eggs; slice them in half and scoop out the yolks. Mash the yolks with mayonnaise and Chimichurri to make a spicy filling and spoon them back into the halved eggs. Get the recipe here.
- Boiled eggs and soldiers – This childhood favourite never gets old. Make a beautiful soft-boiled egg, slice your toast up into soldiers and dip. A winner for the whole family.
- Poached eggs to top a leafy salad – Top your greens with two perfectly poached eggs. Drizzle with basil and lemon pesto and break the eggs open for a tasty dressing.
- Shakshuka – This is one of Pesto Princess’s favourite budget-friendly meals. Simply poach your eggs in a sauce of tomatoes, peppers and onions. Add an extra kick and spice it up with some harissa. Give Shakshuka a try!
- Pizza pizzazz – Prepare your favourite homemade pizza and bake until it is almost ready. Crack a few eggs on top and continue cooking until the whites are cooked and the yolks are slightly runny. Eat and enjoy.
- The ultimate burger – An egg can improve almost any burger. Skip the mayo or barbeque sauce next time and rather top your burger with sunny side up fried egg. Hmm, deliciousness awaits!
- Perfectly poached eggs with maple bacon and pesto – Breakfast in bed is a treat. Serve poached eggs with sweet maple bacon (stay tuned for their recipe) and a good cup of tea.
Source: Pesto Princess. Image: Michele Parkin Photography