Keeping a relationship alive is not as easy as an Instagram #Baecation and #LoveLivesHere hashtag. It takes a lot of effort from both parties.
Once you stop working on your relationship, you are headed for disaster. Here are things both you and your partner can do on a daily basis to make sure that doesn’t happen.
- Always remind your partner that you love them.
- Always flirt with each other.
- Celebrate each other’s personal achievements.
- Always be interested in your partner’s life.
- Support their dreams, goals and ideas, no matter how ridiculous they may sound to you, because you’re teammates.
- Show each other appreciation, affection and be kind to each other.
- Be accountable for the mistakes you make instead of blaming your partner, and let little things go.
- Don’t wait for your partner to ask you for help; offer when you see they need it.
- Always remember why you’re together.
- Find a hobby you can do together.
- Communicate whatever’s bothering you, as holding things in can build resentment.
- Always check up on each other and never make them feel as if they’re alone.
- Don’t be lazy in the bedroom.
- Spend time outside of your relationship and go out with your friends – and allow your partner to do so.
- Remember why you’re together and always give your all.