Before you can properly take care of others, you need put your mental and physical health first – and doing so isn’t as complicated as it sounds.
Below are 10 simple things you can do to take care of yourself:
- Watch your favourite show or series on TV.
- Talk to a trusted friend or family member if something is bothering you.
- Listen to calming music or shake it on the dance floor, if you prefer.
- Take yourself out on a date.
- Take a long bath and just relax.
- Reread one of your favourite books.
- Avoid things and people that will trigger negative thoughts.
- Take a walk to clear your head.
- Eat healthy food and exercise.
By Images: iStock