After hibernating in trousers and thick woolly tights all winter, your legs need some TLC before they’re ready to make their summer debut.
Follow these 10 tips from FINO for smooth, flawless summer pins (legs):
- Ditch the soap and invest in shaving cream. Shaving with soap may seem convenient, but it can result in a clogged-up razor blade (hello razor burn!), and it doesn’t offer the smooth glide that shaving creams do. Shaving creams contain ingredients like vitamin E, which helps to soften and hydrate hair for a closer shave.
- Exfoliate regularly before you shave. This is the only way to remove dry and dead skin cells, giving you a smooth shave and helping your moisturisers absorb more easily.
- Apply SPF. Legs are often neglected when it comes to daily sunscreen, but if they’re exposed, they should be covered in SPF as well.
- Use a good quality razor. Cheaply produced disposable razors are known to cause razor burn and discomfort. Invest in a good-quality razor with multiple blades – and replace your blades regularly.
- Don’t shave as soon as you step into the shower. Allow your legs to soak up some warm water while you wash your hair or body to make the hair softer, open the pores and, in turn, make it easier to shave.
- Be gentle. Be careful not to apply too much pressure when shaving, and avoid tugging at the skin – this can lead to irritation and painful nicks. If you prefer waxing, visit a qualified professional who knows the correct technique instead of attempting it yourself – you’ll thank us later!
- Shave in the direction of hair growth. If your skin is prone to irritation and razor burn, try shaving in the direction of the hair growth to minimise irritation.
- Dry brushing is super affordable and an easy, effective to improve circulation (goodbye, cellulite!) and rid the skin of dead cells. Start at your feet and work the brush upwards in gentle circular motions, in the direction of your heart.
- Nourish scars with regular application of tissue oil or vitamin E oil. Apply to healed scrapes, cuts and bruises to minimise scarring, while existing scars can be treated via laser and peel procedures.
- Apply FINO Soothe WOMAN, a synergistic blend of vitamin A and fruit enzymes that gently exfoliates, purifies and revitalises skin, while helping to improve elasticity. It is suitable for all skin types and can be used on sensitive skin.
Source and Image: FINO