Summer is here and couples want to spend more time outdoors. Don’t let a tight budget keep you indoors.
Whether you’re broke or just frugal, there are still many things you can do with your loved one that requires less money for the same rewards. Here’s a list of 10 things you can do without dipping into your retirement fund, but still have a fortune of fun!
- Go to a botanical garden, such as the Johannesburg Botanical Gardens, or a local park and enjoy the spring blossoms. Snap as many ‘couple selfies’ as you want or ask other people to take snapshots of the two of you.
- Host a brunch at your house for just the two of you – or invite other couples to share in the fun.
- Visit the city and take a long walk to experience the melting pot of vibrant cultures.
- Fill up your fuel tank and take a drive to another city or a neighbouring town, or pack a picnic basket and drive to any spot where you can enjoy the sunset together.
- Look at specials and find ideas for dates; it could be a spa, dinner or outdoors activities.
- Spring clean your house together and donate what you don’t use to a nearby charity.
- Go to a soccer match (any sport applies here) together. You don’t need box tickets. The grass is good enough to spend time together.
- Workout or run together, and shed those couple’s calories.
- This might sound a bit childish but it is still cute – create ‘mix tapes’ (now known as playlists) for one another.
- Check out local theatre shows or concerts and support the local activities.